Welcome to the Coaches Panel 2017 Team Reveals, Today MJ let’s you take a peak at his SuperCoach side and some of his thought process behind his selections.
- Running light on premiums in my backline but for me Heath Shaw and Taylor Adams are 2 of the ‘must have’ picks as both have arguably the great ceiling potential. If i miss them now, I may struggle to avoid to bring them in later.
- After that point, it’s all Cash Cows, it seems that the line with the most options and best security is in defense. I’m paying a slight premium for Caleb Marchbank, but with his ability to intercept mark & the fact I believe he’ll be worth the extra coin. Curtly Hampton will probably be one of (if not the) best Cash Cows of the season while Stewart, Otten & the North Melbourne Duo of Hibberd and Vickers-Willis all look likely to be named round 1. I’ve got some work to do back there, but I trust the job security and scoring potential more here than almost any other line.
- Patrick Dangerfield… Does that selection really need explanation? He is SuperCoach! Next player…
- Josh Kennedy & Scott Pendlebury are two long term previous points scoring premiums and will once again be among the Top 10 scoring midfielders
- Nat Fyfe, Dayne Beams, Jaeger O’Meara and David Swallow all in the one team is a MASSIVE risk given their respective injury histories. However, at their price the risk is worth the potential reward.
- The Cash Cows, outside of Sam Powell-Pepper are just the best of the rest, hopefully I can make some $ out of them all. Pickett their simply to open up MID/FWD DPP link, don’t like his scoring ceiling. Beggars can’t be choosers though!
- Despite the strong likelihood of Max Gawn having some games sharing the ruck role I can still see that bye seasons end he’ll be among the top 2 averaging Rucks for the year. I’m choosing to lock him in even if he does dip a little in some of his scoring. Aaron Sandilands at his price is impossible to say ‘no’ to given his high scoring history. Jarrod Witts is also valuable as the #1 ruck at Gold Coast and provides handy insurance for the games Fremantle”s big 211 misses with a ‘rest’
- No Surprises that Luke Dahlhaus and Lance Franklin start, for me the are ‘safe selections’ but given I’m taking some risks in other areas I know by picking them barring injury I’ll have 2 of the top scoring forwards in 2017
- Tom Lynch is made for SuperCoach and with the early bye it seems many are turned off starting him. I’ll run the gauntlet in r9 and play a cash cow, but hopefully he can help get me off to a flyer as the Suns take on an under manned lions defense in round 1.
- Jarryd Roughead & Jack Steele at best will become premiums to hold, while at worst I can move them on at the bye rounds.
- Riley Knight if named should be a great scoring Cash Cow (I can always downgrade him easily if needed) while Kayne Turner & Brett Eddy have the best job security
More than any season previously, I’m playing SuperCoach the way I want to. I’m picking players I love to watch, who I think will impact the game and should hopefully get my side away to a flying start. I’m taking more ‘risks’ with selections this year than I can recall, but with the genuine lack of strong Cash Cows and the added value of some previous injury affected players I think it’s the right way to go… I guess we’ll find out in August.